- Study Type
- Full Time
- Study Level
- Level 3
- Start Date:
- 36 weeks
View The Isle of Wight College's standard entry requirements for full-time college courses (depending on the level of the course to be studied).We will work with you to determine your suitability for the qualification. Achieve 5 GCSE's at grade 4 or above including English and Maths, progressing students may require a minimum of Level 1 qualification in your chosen subject at Merit or above and English language and Maths at Level 1. Progressing students without English or Maths at GCSE grade 4/C will be required to study these as part of their programme of study.
You will be sent a career plan prior to your interview date to complete and bring along with you on the day. The interview is a two-way process which will give you the opportunity to discuss the course and suitability with the subject tutor.
The NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services is a practical and theoretical qualification that aims to provide learners with a base level of knowledge and skills within the realms of the Uniformed Public Services, offering progression routes to higher qualifications.
You will undertake a number of units covering core knowledge and skills competencies in a variety of topics relevant to the Uniformed Public Services. Topics will include:
- Adventurous Activities.
- Developing Personal Health and Well-Being.
- Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service.
- Career Planning and Progression.
- Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services.
- Learn about Uniformed services hierarchy and routine.
- Fitness Testing and Training.
- Planning and Undertaking Expeditions.
- Building an Understanding of the Uniformed Public Services.
- Learn about and use Telecommunications from the uniformed services
- Basic Day to Day Management of Personal kit and Equipment.
- Volunteering Activities within the wider community.
- You will learn about Military Drill and Services Routines.
- Enhanced Soft Skills such as Clear Communication, Teamwork, Time-Management, Confidence, interview techniques as well as learn and Develop Leadership Skill.
- Learn about the importance of Equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Carry out map reading and navigation across open country.
- Skills for land-based outdoor and adventurous activities.
- Skills for water-based outdoor and adventurous activities.
- Student Watch Certificate with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Police.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme (Bronze, Silver or Gold)
Plus any other topics that tutors/co-ordinators feel necessary to include in learner’s development.
There may be a cost for purchasing equipment or uniform for this course. Find out about financial support available.
Uniformed Services Level 2
- Level 2
- Study Type
- Full Time