Public Values Statement
The Isle of Wight College is committed to providing value to the communities we serve.
The Corporation and all employees of The Isle of Wight College affirm that:
- We will act at all times in a professional manner, demonstrating core values of leadership, impartiality, openness, fairness, respect and accountability
- We will develop and maintain a respectful and productive workplace, characterised by clear, honest, direct, relevant and timely communication
- We will take responsibility and accountability for our own behaviour, positively learning from our mistakes and responding to feedback in a constructive way
- We will empower each other by promoting personal responsibility and accountability along with creative thinking, innovation and informed risk taking of all our activities
- We will take responsibility for our own effective development and learning and encourage and facilitate all individuals to maximise their full potential
- We will be inclusive, open and actively engage with all stakeholders demonstrating a “can do” attitude and fostering a collaborative and mutually supportive environment
- We will seek to work efficiently and effectively to achieve the college strategic aims and objectives
- We will commit to creating experiences that exceed our customer expectations
- We will promote an environment that fosters a healthy balance between our professional and personal lives
- We will value and honour diversity, individual contributions and professional and cultural differences
- We will recognise and, where appropriate, reward exceptional contribution to the organisation
These college values have been developed to reflect the Nolan Principles which govern standards in public life.