The Isle of Wight college is pleased to announce a new partnership with Louis Riley, owner and head coach at LJR Coaching. The college is renowned for its exceptional sports provision and has recently seen a £30k equipment overhaul in their on-site gym which is free to students. The addition of professional coach Louis strengthens their sport and fitness offering ten-fold.
Louis has said that he is are very excited and privileged to be given the opportunity to run the IOW Football coaching -
“This gives us a great opportunity to assist the post 16 children on the Isle of Wight to further their career opportunities in sport and a chance to rebrand the college as the number 1 post 16 provision for sport on the Isle of Wight.
We aim to provide students with a professional environment, always focusing on a high standard training ensuring that they are proud to be part of the college football programme and proud to play for the Isle of Wight College.
LJR Coaching will inspire the students to become not just footballers but coaches, referees, physios of the future and also custodians of the grassroots game in the future.”
As an introduction to his new role, Louis an official FA coach, is offering free taster sessions for year 10 and 11s at Cowes 3G every Monday evening. The sessions are open to all genders and will run from 7.15pm – 8.30pm.
Isle of Wight college sports & fitness coordinator, Todd Connor said –
“We are delighted to be partnering with Louis and LJR Coaching. Having a reputation for high standards of coaching and young player development, it is very positive to be working with them to offer our Football students a professional and enjoyable experience.
We will be offering all young Football enthusiasts the opportunity train, play, analyse, and learn the game, and develop their skills in a well-rounded and professional programme, in order to pursue a career in the Sport.”
Louis brings a wealth of knowledge and learners will benefit from:
- Full time sport study & football education programme
- Train, play, learn.
- Work towards achieving a Level 3 Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity
- Train & compete in AOC College Football League as part of your programme of study
- Opportunities to gain vital FA Coaching qualifications
- Football Training sessions & match days
- Game video & performance analysis
- Player development profiling
- Strength & conditioning sessions
- Career development and routes into pathways within the Football industry, including coaching experience
- Opportunities for International travel and work experience
To find out more about sports courses on offer at the Isle of Wight college, visit https://iwcollege.ac.uk/course-areas/sport-and-fitness or visit the next open evening on Wednesday 3rd May between 4pm – 6.30pm