What are T Levels?
T Levels will become one of the three main options for school leavers*, with the view to replace A Levels in coming years.
This new qualification is being introduced on the Isle of Wight exclusively at the Isle of Wight College from September 2022, and are designed to replace many of the vocational qualifications currently offered at level 3.
Developed in collaboration with employers to ensure that they equip you with the knowledge and skills that will prepare you for workplace.
T Levels will provide the knowledge, skills and experience that will help you achieve the next level to begin your career.
*A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including maths & English grades 9-4 (A*-C) are necessary.
What will T Levels offer students?
- Specific practical skills and knowledge in a chosen industry or occupation
- 315 hours work placement at a relevant employer
- Core English, maths and digital skills
- Transferrable skills to use in the workplace, an apprenticeship or at university
- Enrichment, including free use of the college gym, Duke of Edinburgh participation and the opportunity for International Travel
Which areas of study are being offered by the Isle of Wight College?
- Computing & Digital
- Business Management and Administration
- Early Years and Education (Childcare)
- Building Services (Gas Engineer)
NEW for September 2024