- Study Type
- Full Time
- Study Level
- Level 2
- Start Date:
- 36 weeks
View The Isle of Wight College's standard entry requirements for full-time college courses (depending on the level of the course to be studied).4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths are required although account will be taken of other experience and qualifications; equally important are your enthusiasm, commitment and your willingness to work hard on all areas of the course. You will have the opportunity to show any existing work at the interview stage.
You will generate work through practical projects, workshops, online delivery, and where possible engagement with industry, helping you to develop a portfolio of work that link with your progression goal(s).
You will also be:
- Taught by industry experienced tutors and you will work in the modern, mature, creative and exciting environment of Art and Design at the Isle of Wight College.
- Asked to engage with, and work in, areas you may not have considered or explored before. This is important because it will help you discover new strengths and talents you never knew you had.
- Encouraged to take risks with your creative thinking and output. This will help you capitalise on those happy accidents from which we learn so much.
- Challenged to develop your creative potential and encouraged to challenge yourself, so that your personal creative development can continue outside of the classroom.
- Supported in the development of your self confidence in both your work and the way you think. Students often under estimate the impact this positive development can have on both them and their work.
Visit our Instagram page:
Your work will be internally assessed through a programme of assignments and externally moderated. Your programme of study will include:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- Exploring graphic design and illustration
- Exploring photography
- Exploring self-image
- Introduction to creative media methods and skills
- Exploring fashion and textiles
- Introduction to production techniques in creative media
- Realising art and design ideas