Work For Us
Overview of the Isle of Wight College
The Isle of Wight College has two campuses. Our main campus is situated on the outskirts of the Island’s central town of Newport.
Our CECAMM facility (Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine) is located four miles away in East Cowes.
The College offers a broad curriculum of further education programmes in 14 sector subject areas. It delivers apprenticeships, 16 to 19 study programmes, adult learning programmes and provision for students in receipt of high needs funding.
The College recognises the importance of high-quality teaching and learning resources and continues to invest in our facilities. These include:
- A centre of excellence for engineering (CECAMM), which offers specialised education and training for students and local employers
- A modern, well equipped learning resource centre
- Spacious construction workshops
- Industry-standard hair and beauty salons
- Modern multi-media suites
- Professionally equipped kitchens and a restaurant which is open to the public
- A purpose-built facility for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities (Pathways building)
"Adult learning programmes and the provision for students in receipt of high-needs funding are outstanding"
To deliver outstanding education and training driven by:
- Putting students first
- Working with employers
- Supporting our community
To achieve our mission the college agrees a Strategic Plan every three years with the current plan running from 2021 to 2024. This is widely consulted on with both staff, governors and our external partners. Our strategic priorities currently focus on the following areas:
- To grow each student’s life opportunities
- To offer a dynamic, adaptable and rewarding curriculum
- Sustain purposeful, mutually beneficial and productive relation-ships with employers and the wider community
- Secure a vibrant and sustainable future
"Senior managers and governors have an unremitting focus on the improvement of the quality of teaching and learning”
These values help develop a culture characterised by dedication, commitment and motivation enabled through clear and effective communication:
- LEADERSHIP – displayed by everyone and characterised by honesty, impartiality, objectivity, and recognising the contribution of others.
- LEARNING – taking every opportunity to grow and develop.
- EMPOWERMENT– supporting personal responsibility and accountability.
- DIVERSITY – being respectful, tolerant, inclusive and acting with integrity.
- INNOVATION – encouraging creativity, enterprise, entrepreneurship and the use of technology.
- CARING – promoting individual and shared responsibility for each other’s wellbeing.
To help achieve our priorities we have exciting and ambitious plans in progress including significant investment in new buildings over the next three years to replace the remaining elements of our 1950s estate and the refurbishment of existing more modern parts of the estate to ensure the effective delivery of T-Levels and other key priorities.
We are also proud to have become a University Centre, partnering with the University of Portsmouth to bring higher level qualifications to Island residents. Partnership working is at the heart of everything we do and our relationships with businesses, the community and other education institutions is key to delivering the best outcomes for our students.
Our partnership is continuing to grow and develop and we have recently been named as a partner in a successful Institute of Technology bid for the Solent region.
"Good with outstanding features"
During our last Ofsted inspection in 2017 the College was rated GOOD WITH OUTSTANDING features.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ferry discounts
- Eyecare scheme
- NUS card (Totum card)
- On site facilities
- Generous holiday entitlements
- Support to complete qualifications, training and free distance learning
- Family friendly working options
- 24/7 counselling/support telephone line
Download an application form
You can download and complete your application form using this link.
Contact HR dircetly
If you are interested in applying for any role then you are welcome to contact us for an informal discussion. You can see a list of our current vacancies here.