- Part time
- £21,400 - £21,605 per annum FTE. Actual pro rata salary, 1 x 19 hours per week - £10,422 - £10,521
- Fri, 15 September 2023
- 29th September 2023
Student Information Adviser
Newport main campus
1 x 19 hours per week - £10,422- £10,521 per annum
This is a permanent position working 19 hours over 4 days and the required hours are as follows;
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 12.00 until 17.00
Wednesdays 16.30 until 20.30
Please note throughout the school holidays the wednesday working hours will be 13.00 until 17.00.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast paced, customer-facing role?
Do you have the necessary skills to provide efficient customer service and administration support to our busy front of house team If so, we want to hear from you.
Within these roles, duties will include assisting visitors to the College, including prospective and current students and staff, parents and employers; responding to general queries ranging from enrolment details to course information; and managing and maintaining data to support College departments, for example interview outcomes, enrolments and attendance.
The full-time role will also support our ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) team with administrative duties, as required.
If you want to be part of a positive, can-do team and you enjoy working with people and helping to solve their queries, then please get in touch!
What you can offer us:
- Qualified to Level 2 in English and maths
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant discipline, for example, Business Administration or Customer Service (or willing to work towards)
- Outstanding customer service skills, with a proven ability to support a busy team across all administrative duties
- Good IT skills
- An interest in working in a fast-paced, customer facing role with excellent communication skills
In return we can offer a competitive benefits package including:
- 41 days’ holiday per year including 30 days’ annual leave, 8 bank holidays and 3 ‘given’ days during the Christmas closure period, all pro-rata as applicable
- Local Government Pension scheme membership
- A variety of training opportunities, including studying for additional related qualifications
- Family friendly flexible working options
- A range of other staff benefits, including onsite free gym, on site restaurant and hair & beauty salons, as well as discounted travel options on Wightlink.
The Isle of Wight College is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the Community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date for the submission of application forms: 29th September 2023
In order to apply, please login to Isle of Wight jobs and complete an application form. Alternatively, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and job description.