- Full time
- £25,522 - £30,468 per annum
- Wed, 18 May 2022
- Wednesday, 1st June 2022
Lecturer in English
£25,522 - £30,468 per annum
We are looking to recruit to the role of Lecturer in English on a full-time basis. We are keen to hear from candidates with the passion and enthusiasm to engage and inspire our students, teaching across college with a specific focus on GCSE English and Functional Skills. You will also provide course leadership and tutorial support as required, complimenting and further developing the programme offered.
You would be thoroughly supported with any training needs you have, to ensure that you are fully equipped to deliver the curriculum and support students gain the skills and knowledge required to succeed in their studies.
What you can offer us:
- Minimum Level 5 qualification or equivalent
- A relevant teaching qualification or currently working towards
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of working within the discipline
- Good planning, preparation and organisation skills
In return we can offer:
- 51 days’ holiday per year including 40 days’ annual leave, 8 bank holidays and 3 ‘given’ days during the Christmas closure period
- Teachers Pension scheme membership
- A variety of training opportunities
- Family friendly flexible working options
- A range of other staff benefits, including onsite free gym, on site restaurant and hair & beauty salons, as well as discounted travel options on Red Funnel and Wightlink.
The Isle of Wight College is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply please register with Isle of Wight jobs to download and complete our application form. For any enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the submission of application forms: Wednesday, 1st June 2022