Non-Uk Residents

The Isle of Wight College offers a wide range of vocational and academic full and part time courses at further and higher education levels.

Access to these courses depends on a students age and origin.


If you are under 19 and over 16 on 1st September of the academic year, and you have been resident in the UK / EU for the previous 3 years you do not need a visa to study in the UK and your education should be free.

You will need to bring proof of age with you to enrol. If you have not been resident in the UK, EU or EEA for 3 years preceding the relevant start date of the course you will be charged the overseas fee.

If you are over 19 and enrolled onto a course of study at an institution which meets the criteria below and you meet the conditions as set out below, you have the right of residence in the UK for as long as your course lasts.

You do not have to register or apply for any particular documents in order to stay in the UK.


Before applying to study in the UK you need to find out what kind of visa you require. We advise you visit the UKBA website for the latest regulations.

For further information on preparing to study in the UK, visit

Our International Department will assess your status and advise you of any fees you may be subject to. This will depend on your fee status which is determined by your residency and your programme. They will also help you to access a Tier 4 or student visa.

The Isle of Wight College is a UK Border Agency Highly Trusted Sponsor for the Tier 4 Points Based System, and we are therefore licensed to welcome international students wanting to study in the UK.

It is important that you choose a Tier 4 Sponsor to undertake your studies in the UK.

Further Information

For more information please e-mail

Support Menu

Advice & Guidance

The Isle of Wight College
Medina Way
Isle of Wight
PO30 5TA
United Kingdom
The Isle of Wight College © 2021
Privacy PolicyTerms Of ServiceFeedback