Come and explore our options for young people who will complete their GCSEs in 2024 – we have a fantastic range of vocational courses starting September 2024 which can lead to a wide range of careers on completion, as well as options to progress to university. We also offer a wide range of courses for adults looking to up skill or change career….
- Aspiring mechanic? Visit our working motor vehicle repair shop: learn how to measure tyre depth
- Interested in hair and beauty? Tour our new beauty facilities and find out about our upcoming new hair salons
- If you’re looking to learn a trade for life, visit our construction environments including plumbing, electrical, brickwork, boat building and carpentry & joinery: These areas will on be inviting you to either get hands-on with your own task or watch our talented students working on their current projects.
- Fancy a career in marine engineering, formula one, computer aided design? CECAMM – our dedicated Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine trains the Island’s engineers: Our engineering centre in Whippingham will also be open on this day, so be sure to pop over and get involved with the exciting taster sessions they have on offer!
- Are you the next Richard Branson? Visit the business team: Business have a stylish new area for you to tour and they will be holding challenges on the day to win prizes.
- If you’d love to teach or become a childminder then our imitation childcare environment is perfect: This has been refurbished and extended and is now complete ready to show you around!
- We have exceptional art, design and media studios, I.T and materials: Get into the art department and see what activity you enjoy the most!
- Leap into action with our dance and performing arts studio: our performing arts students always love to put on a show for visitors – check on entry for show times!
- If you love animals and their welfare then our working animal care unit is for you: we invite you to visit the animals and even meet them up close* (*dependent on restrictions with Avian flu)
- Fully equipped gym and fitness facilities: our gym is popular with all students, not just those taking sports courses, but if sport is your thing then we are getting a delivery any day now of shiny new equipment, Pop in to look around and find out more about the courses on offer.
- On-site working horticulture department: Our head of horticulture will take pleasure in showing you around our greenhouses and explaining more about studying with them
- Perhaps you would like to be a nurse, health visitor or dental assistant? Pop into meet our healthcare team: Healthcare has been massively upgraded! They are now situated in the top of our modern pink building and will be welcoming visitors to show them around their new facilities including a simulation home environment and NHS style hospital ward.
- It’s not ‘just gaming’, with Esport you learn business, design and computing: Esport has its own dedicated area now underneath the library, with state of the art computing and gaming equipment. You’ll be blown away when you see this and may get the opportunity to join an online tournament whilst you’re visiting!
Parents and Guardians! Remember we now offer the new T Levels. If your young person is in year 11, then they will be joining us for the second year and we are expanding our offer! From September 2023, T Levels are offered in:
- Computing & Digital
- Business Management
- Early Years and Education (Childcare)
NEW for September 2024
- Gas engineer
- Animal Care (Horticulture) (pending confirmation)
- Legal Finance and Accounting (pending confirmation)
- Hairdressing, Barbering & Beauty (pending confirmation)
- Creative Design (pending confirmation)
You will be advised on the day of any talks taking place and timings – these will include information on T Levels.
The open day is not only for students leaving school soon, there will also be opportunities to find out more about:
- International opportunities
Prospective students can also find out about the range of bursaries and financial assistance available as well as the college’s vast range of enrichment such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, subsidised international travel and use of on site facilities such as the salons and college gym.
There is no longer any need to book a space, please just visit us on the day at both or either sites:
Isle of Wight College: The Isle of Wight College, Medina Way, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5TA. 01983 526631
Engineering at CECAMM: The Island Technology Park, Whippingham Rd, East Cowes, PO32 6FY. 01983 550800
- Isle of Wight College
- The Isle of Wight College, Medina Way, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5TA