Our next Open Evening will take place on 21st June between 4pm and 6.30pm.
Isle of Wight College June Open Evening – A Touch of Royalty!
The Isle of Wight College invites you to a right royal knees-up this June to celebrate the Queen’s 70th Jubilee
A touch of royalty is the message from the Isle of Wight College as it opens its doors to prospective students and their families for the vening on the 21st of June from 4pm – 6.30pm. The Isle of Wight College Open is an opportunity for visitors to tour the college campus, talk to existing students, find out about the exciting T Level post 16 option, and get involved with various demos and tasters around the site.
Students come to the college from all over the Island, attracted by the college's exceptional facilities which can’t be found anywhere else on the Isle of Wight. In coming years the facilities are set to improve further with incredible business connections, higher education and digital innovation as a key focus. The current facilities include:
- Working motor vehicle repair shop
- Hair salons
- Beauty studios
- Construction environments including plumbing, electrical, brickwork, boat building and carpentry & joinery.
- CECAMM - Dedicated Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine.
- Imitation childcare environment
- Exceptional art, design and media studios, I.T and materials
- Dance and performing arts studio
- Working animal care unit
- Fully equipped gym and fitness facilities
- On-site working horticulture department
The focus for this Open Day will be on the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations and gives every curriculum area the opportunity to showcase the importanc of their industry in an event or ‘royal-based’ role. Will we be seeing cucumber sandwiches and silver service in the college restaurant? Or perhaps horticultural displays fit for the queen? You’ll have to pop in to find out!
Danielle Lovett, Isle of Wight College Events Co-ordinator said:
I think this is a fantastic opportunity to show the Island community what can be achieved by studying with the Isle of Wight College. I can’t wait to welcome visitors and look forward to showing everyone around. We have a few royal surprises up our sleeves so watch this space!
The open day is not only for students leaving school, there will also be opportunities to find out more about:
- Distance Learning
- Adult Learning
- Short Courses and Employer Training
- International opportunities
- University Centre Isle of Wight
Prospective students can also find out about the range of bursaries and financial assistance available as well as the college’s vast range of enrichment such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme, subsidised international travel and use of on site facilities such as the salons and college gym.
There is no longer any need to book a space or wear a mask, but you are of course welcomed to wear a mask if you so wish.
Open Evening – Tuesday 21st June 2022 4pm – 6.30pm
- Isle of Wight College
- The Isle of Wight College, Medina Way, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 5TA