- Study Type
- Part Time
- Start Date:
- 12 weeks
View The Isle of Wight College's standard entry requirements for full-time college courses (depending on the level of the course to be studied).There are no specific entry requirements, just a willingness to learn and an interest in the subject. Once you have applied, we will email you information on how to enrol and pay.
Who the course is for
This course is aimed at drawing beginners or those who would like to add drawing to their creative practice. It will introduce drawing from the very beginning.
What you will learn
- We will examine and explore materials experimentally, carrying out exercises to begin to understand line, form, perspective, tone and light.
- We will look at surfaces to draw on and a variety of subject matter from still life to life drawing, also touching on how we might approach landscapes, using the studio as practice.
- Traditional and contemporary drawing examples will be used for reference and discussed and included in every session.
- You will be encouraged to identify artists and drawing practices that inspire your own development.
- The aim is to build confidence in selecting and using materials and to instil a love of drawing that will encourage you to develop your skills further.
How you will learn
The classes will take place in the large Art and Design Studio, and will include instruction and exploration through practical tasks. Our expert tutor will guide and support you throughout to help you progress both your skills and ideas. There are no assessments or exams. This course will give you several sessions to experience life drawing in particular and a range of approaches to tackle future drawing challenges.
On completion of this course, you could progress on to:
- Exploring Art for Beginners
- Other leisure courses at the college, including Introduction to Photography
There is a standard fee of £98. However, please note that you could be eligible for funding for this course. The criteria are specific, so please contact the College for further information to see if you qualify.
Please note that all courses are subject to minimum numbers. If there are too few enrolments, the College may cancel the course. A place on your chosen course is not confirmed until enrolment is complete and any relevant fees are paid.