A worldwide examination of data collected between 2011 and 2015 found that 26% of adults studied were unable to use a computer, with a further 29% proficient only in the most basic and familiar of tasks. With a large percentage of job roles requiring competent use and knowledge of information technology, it is more crucial than ever that people improve their computer skills if necessary, both for their own personal and professional advancement and for business purposes.
This qualification would be ideal for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge, understanding and competence in a range of different IT skills, particularly those who use IT in their current job role. Learners must already have basic IT skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to be able to complete the course successfully. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
Unit 3: IT security for users
Unit 4: Presentation software
Unit 5: Spreadsheet software.
• Gain a nationally recognised qualiﬁ cation
• Establish a long-standing career pathway within the business sector
• This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
• Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
• Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available: Fully online.
This online course is available on EQUAL, which features:
• Exciting and engaging content
• Interactivity, with videos and games to enhance learning
• Virtual Tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course.
Tops Day Nurseries offers flexible hours, so you only book and pay for the hours you need.
Student Services offer advice on bursary funding. Bursaries support essentials such as travel, childcare and kit.
Student Services provide a range of support, information and specialist services to enhance your student experience.