Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for YAYO Familia.
This is a unique opportunity for a Skin Care Manufacturing Apprentice to work alongside a small team, based in Newport Isle of Wight. YAYO Familia is HAND-MADE, ECO FRIENDLY & CRUELTY FREE business that manufactures our products in an ethical and as environmentally friendly way as possible. In 2020 during the height of a global pandemic, YAYO invested heavily to reduce the amount of single use plastic in our product range by over 90%… and we haven’t stopped.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team; you must be able to talk to people at all levels.
- Preparing the work area and maintaining a “clean” working space.
- Weighing and measuring all ingredients to precise measurements.
- Making skincare batches following formulations, GMP.
- Recording Skincare Batches made, following appropriate procedures
- Arranging products into appropriate packaging.
- Labelling products and arranging stock. Dispatch and Packing
- Print orders, Purchase & Print Shipping Labels
- Order picking and Packing following procedures
- Stock taking, Handling, checking & storage of incoming deliveries General duties
- General warehousing duties (Roles and days, see work Rota) and Cleaning
- Ensure all customers receive a friendly and efficient service
- To deal with customer queries/complaints promptly referring them to the owner. (Training will be provided, where necessary)
- Ensure telephones are answered quickly and efficiently (Training to be provided)
- To acknowledge correct use of computers and make yourself aware of the systems we use technology for.
- To communicate relevant information to other employees efficiently.
- To be aware of all facilities and special promotions operating within the business, in order to maximise sales in all areas and to be aware of offers to help with distribution
- To carry out any other functions as designated by Management, which may differ to normal daily duties. (All designated duties to be agreed upon with Employee and Management)
- To demonstrate service excellence standards in the day to day operations.
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- Follow and implement instructions
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- Creates Enthusiasm, Operating with a good deal of energy, intensity and emotional expression.
- Follows Procedures: Adopting a systematic and organised approach; preferring to work in a precise, methodical manner; developing and utilising guidelines and procedures.
- Empathic: Demonstrating an active concern for people and their needs by forming close and supportive relationships with others.
- Customer Focused: Showing commitment to serving customers’ interests
- hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 18 months
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- One days per week to be spent at the college
ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO HVE APPLIED WITH A COVERING LETTER AND CV TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
YOU WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND AN INTERVEIW AT COLLEGE FOR THE ROLE AND BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A TASK FOR THIS.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 8th October 2021 and interviews for successful applicants, which will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4:30per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates