Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for EE Glass LTD in Cowes.
The Customer service Apprentice on the Trade Sales Counter is the first point of contact for our existing and potential trade customers. They will provide excellent customer service and assist with all customer quotes and queries.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
The roles and responsibilities of the Customer Service Apprentice are:
- To provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service and support the sales team.
- Communicate effectively between sales and production to help meet the needs of the customer
- Process quotes accurately and efficiently with correct pricing and delivery date.
- Maintain up to date product and industry knowledge
- Stocktake and ordering
- Other supportive sales duties
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team; you must be able to talk to people at all levels.
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do, with attention to detail.
- Be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital
- Follow and implement instructions
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- Be confident in using Microsoft packages.
- Hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Methodical and orderly in your work
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths
- Customer Service Apprenticeship Level 2
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not your usual role will also be counted
- One day per month to be spent at the college
- 37.5 Hours per week, Monday – Friday (pattern to be confirmed)
- £5.75 per hour, 7.5 hours per day (Paid Monthly)
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A CV WITH A SUPPORTING COVERING LETTER
Closing date for applications will be Friday 16th July 2021 and interviews for successful applicants will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates