Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Cowes Medical Centre as an Administration Assistant Apprentice.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to work in a fast-paced environment, this could be the perfect role for you.
Cowes Medical Centre provide a wide range of services and are now looking to appoint an enthusiastic apprentice to join their team owing to previous apprentice success.
This is a multi-faceted role to provide administrative support. To thrive in this role, you will enjoy lots of administration, data entry and problem solving. You will observe complete confidentiality at all times.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities across the centre:
Finance & Stock Management
- Where possible match purchase order to delivery note to invoice ensuring all received and price as expected
- File delivery notes
- Stock take of office stationery, refreshments, cleaning products place orders check deliveries and put away
- Order clinical consultation supplies as per HCA’s list
- Tidy and monitor stock of keyboards / mice etc place orders on Healthcare portal, check deliveries and put away
- Produce cleaning tick lists in advance and leave for cleaners – support Mark with filling away and storage of completed sheets
- Check shredding bins – empty and manage shredding collection dates – ensure bags ready and sufficient stock of empty bags
- Balance petty cash, add cheques / cash to internal banking list and bank paying in book
- Bring in GP2GP patient records
- Support with managing all registration tasks on Systm1
- Process and record sharing permissions on Systm1
- Process links on Systm1 including dealing with queries / delays etc
- File any Lloyd George paper records or ad hoc records
- Process deduction request via supplied labels – printing out records as necessary, bag up and have ready for weekly collection.
- Accept records in / code and distribute or file as appropriate
- Track copy records requests, send consent, obtain approval and copy in line with protocol
- Process temporary resident forms sending details of consultation off to the patient’s own surgery. File copies and manage destruction of old forms as per the retention guidelines.
Call & Recall
- Prepare and send NHS health check invites to patients and follow-up with non-responders, coding Systm1
- Prepare and send shingles invites to patients and follow-up with non-responders, coding Systm1
- Prepare and send pneumococcal invites and follow-up with non-responders, coding Systm1
- Open / date stamp and distribute all incoming post
- Prepare outgoing letters and parcels with correct postage including signed for/special delivery
- Monitor and manage stamp levels and order as required, plus consider electronic postage system
- Update and display weekly meetings list
- As part of a plan – regularly add adult immunisations to patient’s electronic records to bring this backlog up to date
- File clinical and non-clinical waste transfer notes
- Manage/change clinical curtains (with assistance) and order new stock
- Good IT skills – able to use Microsoft office & learn how to use new applications
- Detail orientated person
- Reliable, trustworthy and conscientious
- Pleasant, cheerful manner, that carries through under pressure
- Smart, clean & well-presented appearanc
- Self-starter, able to take direction and work as part of a tea
- Excellent attention to detai
- Able to enter information accurately and consistently
- Able to concentrate for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to manage time and workload
- Ability to deal with all matters in a confidential manner
- Willingness to help cover for holiday/sick leave of other staff
- Able to pick up what is happening around you and be able to show a proactive approach to excellent workflow delivery
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Forward thinker
- Ability to work under pressure
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
- 18 – 24-month Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required and if not previously achieved GCSE grade 4/C or above
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role will also be counted
- Attendance at college as required for monthly workshops
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- 8am – 4pm
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £4.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified and dependant on needs of the business at the time of apprenticeship completion, there may be the potential for a permanent position.
So, if this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply with a cover letter and CV telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity!
*Please note applications without a CV or covering letter will not be considered.